Call for Abstracts
SUR/FIN, organized by the National Association for Surface Finishing (NASF), is the surface finishing industry’s premier event, providing a dynamic venue to explore existing and state-of-the-art technology with suppliers, OEMs and applicators/users for gaining insight toward improving surface finishing operations.
The (NASF) Technology Advisory Committee (TAC) is seeking speakers with Surface Finishing experiences or a focus on New Technology to give exclusive, informative, non-commercial presentations for the SUR/FIN technical program. Each 30-minute presentation will cover the latest surface engineering and finishing technology topics that are seen impacting business today or trending for tomorrow.
Abstracts are now being accepted for SUR/FIN 2019. Submissions are due December 19, 2018. Preference will be given to early submittals.
Click the 'Continue to Application' button at the bottom of the screen to proceed.
Why Should You Participate?
SUR/FIN is the global surface finishing industry’s annual event where professionals from around the world share ideas and experiences to help gain insight on practical applications, solve problems, discuss productivity improvements and introduce new technologies. Finishing professionals with various technology disciplines and specialties look to SUR/FIN to provide insight on solving their product, process and business challenges. As such, we are calling on leaders in the finishing industry to share their expertise and knowledge to help current and future generations of industrial finishers improve, compete and succeed.
Who Should Present?
- You should submit an abstract if your company is involved with new surface finishing or design processes or equipment that provide significantly improved results or performance. We are looking for non-commercial efforts from individuals who are able to engage and speak to large groups of their peers on topics directly relevant to industry.
- People involved in production, engineering, R&D, academia, testing or evaluations in coatings or surface treatments are encouraged to present their topics, results & conclusions influencing all Industry applications including Automotive, Aerospace and Defense, Machinery Equipment / Industrial Tooling, Electronics, Oil & Chemical, Molds & Dies, Plastics and others.
Based on the subject matter of submitted abstracts, the TAC will determine the best conference session for the proposed presentation. Authors will be notified of the session in which the presentation will be best suited for the optimal development of the overall technical program.
Important Information for Prospective Speakers
- Written papers are encouraged. If they are based on non-commercial presentations given at the technical session, they can be published on the SUR/FIN Website or in other publications, including Products Finishing or those sponsored by NASF.
- The primary author/presenter of the accepted presentation will receive free registration. This complimentary registration includes all conference sessions, receptions and the exhibition, as well as access to all conference proceedings and the show directory. Only one person from any company or institution shall receive the complimentary registration offered per presentation.
- Abstracts should be as complete and concise as possible and will be subject to editing by the TAC for publication. Please note we've stipulated a 200-word limit.
- A balance of presentations, panel discussions and forums that best meet the needs of the audience is the focus of the collaborative effort of TAC members.
- For submission, please indicate your top two choices for Topic Categories where you believe your talk will maximize attendance and participation in the SUR/FIN technical sessions. Please note that, if chosen, the selection committee will take author choices into consideration but will assign presentations to sessions that best meet the needs of the conference and the attendees.